The benefits of apple cider vinegar detox go beyond simply making your salads tasty and healthy. Read on to check them out below.
RELATED: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Raw Organic Honey
7 Reasons to Go on an Apple Cider Vinegar Detox
1. Stimulates Fat Loss
Apple cider vinegar, a commonly used meal seasoning and salad dressing, has earned a reputation for being a powerful fat loss stimulant. While ACV doesn’t burn fat on its own, it can help you lose weight by:
- Reducing your appetite: A study by the Arizona State University’s Department of Nutrition shows that drinking apple cider vinegar before a carb-heavy meal can make one feel full much faster. Participants who drank vinegar along with their first meal ended up consuming around 200-275 fewer calories for the duration of the day as compared to those who didn’t.
- Speeding up metabolism: An eight-week study on mice shows that acetic acid, an active ingredient in ACV, increases the production of AMPK or adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase. This enzyme plays an important role in boosting metabolic effects such as burning fat and preventing sugar storage in the liver.
- Suppresses fat storage: The acetic acid in ACV helps regulate the expression of genes responsible for fat loss.
2. Lowers the Risk of Diabetes
High blood sugar levels are often the result of resistance to insulin or the inability to produce insulin. If left unaddressed, the body’s blood sugar levels will continue to rise and lead to type 2 diabetes.
Apart from limiting your sugar and carb consumption, you can manage blood sugar levels by going on an apple cider vinegar detox plan.
Studies suggest that vinegar can improve insulin sensitivity of type 2 diabetic patients to high-carb meals. Not only does it help regulate blood sugar, but it also hampers the effects of carbs on the body.
Research also shows that two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar can decrease fasting blood sugar concentration levels in type 2 diabetes patients by 4%. This is beneficial for patients who take fasting glucose tests daily for maintenance.
Fasting Glucose Concentration Levels Definition: A test to gauge the amount of glucose in your body after an overnight fast
3. Improves Heart Health
Apple cider vinegar can help improve your heart health by:
- Improving blood pressure levels: Hypertensive rats were examined to see how they would react to daily ACV exposure. The results show that there was a decline in their blood pressure levels.
- Lowering cholesterol levels: Acetic acid, a main compound of ACV, can help reduce the cholesterol and triacylglycerol levels of high-cholesterol fed rats. This suggests that apple cider vinegar may also have the same effect on the human body.
- Improving insulin sensitivity: Insulin sensitivity is primarily linked to type 2 diabetes, but it can also affect your heart health. Diabetes alters the body’s metabolic system and signaling pathways. Both of these are risk factors that leave you susceptible to complications such as myocardial dysfunction.
Myocardial Dysfunction Definition: A disease that consists of low cardiac output preceded by cardiac arrest
4. Relieves Sore Throats
Sore throats are often the result of allergens, bacteria, and harmful irritants. If you want to soothe your sore throat, you need to address these root issues.
ACV has potent antibacterial properties that may help prevent the spreading of the germs causing your sore throat.
To speed up your recovery, make sure not to consume anything cold that might further irritate your throat. Also, try not to speak for at least one whole day.
RELATED: 9 Health Benefits Of Sauerkraut For The Gut And Body
5. Provides Quick Energy Boosts
Apple cider vinegar has amino acids that can help battle fatigue and provide quick energy boosts. They also have high potassium levels which help get rid of stress and tiredness.
6. Gets Rid of Bad Breath
If your breath still smells bad even after you’ve brushed your teeth, flossed, and used mouthwash, you might have a bacteria problem. You can use the antifungal properties of apple cider vinegar to fight the bacteria causing your breath issues.
After brushing your teeth, take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and gargle it around the insides of your mouth for at least 30 seconds. Do 1-2 times a day.
7. Helps Prevent Leg Cramps
As mentioned, apple cider vinegar has good potassium levels, and you can use it to prevent nighttime leg cramps.
Once you feel the cramps hitting in, take a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and drink it with a glass of warm water and honey. This should provide instant relief in removing the cramps.
How to Go on an Apple Cider Vinegar Detox
There are plenty of ways to consume ACV. Here are some ways:
- For one, you can add it as a seasoning or spice to your meals. Add a dash or two while eating and you’ll already meet your daily requirement.
- You can also add it to your favorite vegetable drinks and shakes if you’re not fond of seasoning your food with vinegar.
- If you want to go on a stricter apple cider vinegar diet, opt to take ACV drinks every day. Mix 1-2 tablespoons of ACV in 15-30 ml of water and then down the glass in one sitting.
Note: Beginners should be careful and start off with small doses of ACV. Consuming too much might cause acid problems or enamel erosion. Do not drink more than 2 tablespoons at a time, and always remember to dilute it in water.
Overall, apple cider vinegar detox plans are beneficial to human health. To reap the benefits—whether your goal is to lose weight, control blood sugar levels, or maintain good heart health—, you can incorporate ACV into your diet.
Make sure to combine it with a healthy diet and a regular exercise routine. Doing so will make it easier for your apple cider vinegar drink to flush out harmful toxins and suppress fat accumulation.
Supplementing with natural vitamins and minerals may also aid your road to a better physical state. Check out Dr. Seeds’ natural health collection to find one or more that works for you.
Have you tried any apple cider vinegar detox plans lately? Share your experience with us in the comments section below!
- 7 Incredible Benefits Of Bovine Collagen Supplements
- 9 Incredible Health Benefits Of Cumin Plant
- Delicious Adaptogenic Drink Recipes For The Holidays