Combat the negative effects of stress the holidays bring with these delicious, soothing adaptogenic drink recipes.
RELATED: Juicing For Health: Juice Recipe To Boost Your Underactive Thyroid [INFOGRAPHIC]
7 Warm, Soothing Adaptogenic Drink Recipes
1. Soothing Ashwagandha Hot Cocoa
What sets this cocoa recipe apart from other hot choco drinks is its main ingredient ashwagandha.
Ashwagandha Definition: A medicinal herb used not only in adaptogenic drink recipes but also in health supplements. It helps reduce cortisol levels, alleviate anxiety, and ease the symptoms of depression.
- 1/2 cup almond or hazelnut milk
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 scoop whey chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp Ashwagandha powder
- 1/2 scoop Dr. Seeds Multi-Collagen Complex
- Small marshmallows (for toppings)
- Cinnamon (for sprinkling)
- Heat milk over medium heat.
- Add all the ingredients except for the marshmallows and cinnamon, in a blender.
- Pulse on high setting until the ingredients form a smooth, creamy, and rich texture.
- Pour the warm chocolate drink in a cup and top off with a dash of cinnamon and some marshmallows.
2. Adaptogenic Pumpkin Spice Latte
The holidays won’t feel complete unless you have at least one pumpkin-based drink with your family. Apart from the usual pumpkin drinks you make, take it to the next level and add some adaptogenic ingredients!
Both turmeric and ashwagandha have potent adaptogenic compounds. Mixing them together creates the ultimate stress-relieving drink to rid you of all the anxiety and worries the holiday season brings.
- 1/4 cup freshly brewed espresso
- 3 Tbsp plain pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ashwagandha
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix all the pumpkin spice blend ingredients in an airtight jar. You can refrigerate the remainder for future use.
- Brew the espresso as you normally would.
- Heat the maple syrup, vanilla extract, turmeric, ashwagandha, and pumpkin puree with 1/4 cup of the almond milk and 1/2 teaspoon of the pumpkin spice blend in a small saucepan.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, remove from heat and then stir in the espresso.
- Divide the pumpkin espresso into two cups and set aside.
- Heat the remainder of the almond milk in a small saucepan until it begins to steam.
- Froth the almond milk if you prefer it foamy, but if not, remove the pan from heat.
- Pour almond milk into the espresso cup, top off with non-dairy whip or foam, and then add a dash of freshly grated nutmeg.
3. Healthy Thyroid Turmeric Tea
Looking for something sweet and spicy to warm your body up during the cold winter months? Then try this delicious healthy thyroid turmeric tea recipe!
Turmeric and ginger are both powerful adaptogens that calm the mind and body. They both ease upset stomachs, alleviate the symptoms of anxiety, and helps eliminate nervousness.
Plus, the black pepper in this recipe increases the bioavailability of both turmeric and ginger. This means the body can absorb a lot more nutrients from these adaptogenic ingredients.
- 2 Tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Ginger, sliced
- 1 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- Boil a cup of water.
- Place the turmeric powder and black pepper in a teacup.
- Once the water boils, pour it into the cup and stir.
- Stir in the coconut oil and ginger.
- Then, top off with a dash of cinnamon.
4. Good Morning Ginseng-Coffee Glow-Up
This delicious, stress-relieving good morning ginseng-coffee glow up is a delicious, creamy blend of your favorite coffee, creamer, cinnamon, and ginseng.
What makes this special, even among other adaptogenic drink recipes, is it relies on ginger. Ginger is a powerful adaptogen that helps regulate hormonal imbalance and improve immune system response to stress.
You can also use this adaptogenic coffee recipe to ease an upset stomach, calm down the nerves, and energize the body.
- 1 tsp ginseng powder
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 scoops Dr. Seeds Multi-Collagen Complex
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Brew the coffee as you normally would. Then, mix the cinnamon, collagen complex, and coconut mixture.
- Stir until all the ingredients combine.
- Serve while hot.
5. Quick Anti-Stress Ashwagandha Shot
Need a quick pick-me-up in the middle of a long, tiring day? Then boil a cup of this delicious anti-stress ashwagandha shot!
It’s a powerful adaptogen drink that makes use of all-natural stress-relieving ingredients, namely: honey, apple cider vinegar, and ashwagandha.
Apple cider vinegar helps prevent oxidative stress, the imbalance caused by free radicals and oxygen in the body. This makes the immune system less susceptible to the harmful effects of stress.
Honey, on the other hand, is a good source of antioxidants. By mixing it with vinegar, you can maximize its effectiveness in fighting free radical damage.
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ashwagandha powder
- 1/4 cup water (optional)
- Heat all the ingredients in a small saucepan then pour in a shot glass.
- You can drink the mixture as it is or dilute it in 1/4 cup of water.
6. Bedtime Chamomile Tea Drink
Reduce stress and have a better, deeper sleep with this bedtime chamomile tea drink.
Chamomile and reishi powder are both powerful adaptogens that focus on reducing overall stress levels. Meanwhile, pearl powder and honey are antioxidants known to combat the adverse effects of free radicals in the body.
For best results, consume around one hour before sleeping. Also, stay away from electronic gadgets to allow the body time to rest and absorb all the adaptogens.
- 2 chamomile tea bags
- 1 tsp pearl powder
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tsp reishi powder
- 1 tsp honey
- Brew chamomile tea bags in hot water and then let it sit for two minutes.
- Stir in honey, reishi powder, and pearl powder.
- Drink while hot.
7. Vegan Adaptogenic Hazelnut Latte
A cup of this vegan hazelnut latte is brimming with adaptogens and antioxidants from ashwagandha, pine pollen powder, and maca powder.
- 1/2 cup hazelnut or almond milk
- 1 Tbsp hazelnut butter
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp pine pollen powder
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee
- 1 tsp ashwagandha powder
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Blend all the ingredients until they combine.
- Pour into a cup and enjoy!
Check out this video below and learn how to make a nutritious Pumpkin Spice Latte. This is definitely one of the healthiest and yummiest adaptogenic drink recipes out there!
The holiday season is a fun time filled with various parties, events, and reunions. Amidst all the fun are unavoidable stressful situations that could lead to anxiety, migraines, and other stress-induced complications.
That’s why it’s vital to take a breather every now and then. Take your pick from these warm, calming adaptogenic drink recipes, make yourself a cup or two, and set some time off to unwind and relax.
Which of these adaptogenic drink recipes would you first try? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!